Raise Gas Tax To Prepare For 'Peak Oil'
"We have reached the pinnacle of the "peak oil" conundrum: It's too expensive to drive, yet most Americans have no choice. And it's just going to get worse.
The solution may be counterintuitive: an increase in national and state gas taxes. A larger tax on gasoline would raise the much-needed revenue to maintain and upgrade our nation's transportation infrastructure, wean the population off our addiction to sending money for oil to dictators overseas, and create jobs on U.S. soil building and operating a lower-carbon mobility system that will enable our country to prosper in the 21st century."
The Oil That Lies Offshore California
- There are 221 total events organized.
- There are at least 179 events organized in the U.S., including outside the White House.
- There are events organized in 157 different U.S. cities.
- There are events organized in 38 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico.
- There are 42 events organized outside the U.S.
-There are events organized in 17 countries outside the U.S.
- There are events organized in 42 cities outside the U.S.
- The following countries are participating:
Australia, Bangladesh, Belize, Canada, Colombia, United Kingdom, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Jordan, Montenegro, Mexico, Norway, New Zealand, Peru, Portugal, and South Africa